Getting to Worker Voice and Equity: Implementing the US Surgeon General’s Framework Mental Health & Well-Being – Dr. Russell Robinson
September 25, 2023
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Intensives are available as add-ons for registrants of the WELCOA Summit. Visit here to purchase your Summit registration if you haven’t already. You’ll have the opportunity to choose your intensive before you check out.
The US Surgeon General released a 30-page framework for mental health and well-being that offers a foundation that workplaces can build to foster a workplace culture of worker voice and equity. This framework is based on five “essentials” (protection from harm, connection & community, work/life harmony, mattering at work, and opportunities for growth). Beyond the lens of wellness these “essentials” align to a blueprint for leadership development to strengthen individual and organizational wellness.
During these sessions you will learn how to develop leaders that can:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how workplace mental health and well-being are critical to achieving resilience and work-life balance, based on an examination of the U.S. Surgeon General’s October 2022 Report titled, “Workplace Mental Health & Well-Being.”
- Adopt essential resilience skills that are fundamental to managing stress during complex and uncertain work challenges.
- Build psychological safety by gaining and earning trust from colleagues, peers, and supervisors
- Reframe challenges as opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Develop in-office and home rituals and practices (e.g., exercise, meditation, mindfulness, etc.) to create optimum work/life balance) to achieve create a healthy perspective that positively impacts ability to manage stress.